This year …


I saw a quote the other day … something along the lines of revolution not resolution … while I can’t remember exactly what it was or where I saw it , these two words have stuck with me …

Revolution - we think of change, big change

Resolution - we think of setting our purpose to do something

During our church service yesterday someone was sharing about resolutions … and the word revolution came to me again … 

But this time a different meaning of the word revolution …. I checked the dictionary on my phone to check I was hearing right … and this is what I saw … a single cycle in such a course,…  a procedure or course, as if in a circuit, back to a starting point.  

A revolution.. a circle.  

I’ve found myself saying several times in recent years about situations … “when it goes full circle there will be healing …” “when it goes full circle there will be freedom …”

I think many of us have had situations in our lives where we have been hurt, experienced pain, or made wrong decisions.

Often, the very last thing we want to do is go back there and think about that, or face that.

And in fact, we’ll go to great lengths to avoid doing that.

But what if …

What if we were brave enough …

What is we were crazy enough …

What if we were desperate enough to want that freedom so bad that we would be willing to go full circle, to go back, but this time not with anger, rage or confusion, but this time for healing deliverance and freedom?

During the service yesterday I had a sense that if we can open our hearts, let God in, receive His healing touch on those very core wounds … and when we receive His healing we can …

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God” 
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

With the help you have received help others …

This year are you willing to make it a revolution?

Hmmm, interesting, as I write another meaning comes to mind …. Resolution 

Resolution - the act or process of resolving something ie reaching a solution ….

Hmmm, what if… we take a full circle - a revolution … and in doing so, we reach a resolution - a solution …

I think usually we make a resolution hoping to start a revolution …

What if … this year … instead of a resolution hoping for a revolution … instead we took a revolution, and found a resolution.

Along the journey with you. 


Comments

Popular Posts